Fun and exciting programs that will unite your staff, increase motivation and will help them maintain a healthy life style!
Programs involve general fitness, cardiovascular fitness, strength and self defence skills.
These courses will individually boost confidence and self-esteem and increase team building skills, bringing your staff closer together, lifting morale and promoting a positive and productive work environment.
Training will be performed in a fun, professional and responsible manner.
In addition to improving team work and making a happier workplace, these courses have further positive benefits improving fitness, coordination, flexibility and quality of life by reducing risk of heart disease, obesity, high blood pressure and stress levels.
The course can be run in the convenience of the work place, outdoor areas or training studio, during before or after work hours depending your company’s needs.
Courses range from a day course to on-going courses for the year.
Contact us for a tailored quote
In Today’s world, most companys has a diverse employee population. Male, female, LGBITQ, new workers and workers that have been working for decades, various nationalities, ethnic and religious backgrounds, and disabled and mobility impaired staff.
We believe that Melbourne businesses should commit to additional Domestic Violence provisions, supports and provides ongoing mental health support and health programs for staff.
An area of risk that exists to staff includes:
- Occupational violence
- Physical assault
- People presenting with mental health issues
- Interaction with distressed students
Additional areas of risk:
- Sedentary work practices
- Mental health issues such as stress, depression, anxiety
The self-defense program will look to engage ALL staff, provide useful tools and information on situational awareness and how to quickly remove themselves from a violence situation in safest way possible. It will also build confidence within those that don’t feel capable of defending themselves, and get participant moving in practical ways
About the program
The self-defense program will provide:
- Two, 4-week programs of 1 hour classes in Krav Maga
- Instruction in situational awareness
- Instruction in self-defense
- Tailored techniques for persons with mobility limitations
Classes may be limited to 20 students (unless more instructors are required) due to the level of instruction and care required to safely run the program.
The program will promote confidence, ability, self-esteem and situational awareness.
Return on Investment
Physical and mental health
- Being able to prevent or quickly end a violent situation not only physically protects a person, but also gives them a sense of control. Victims of violence can suffer horrific mental trauma such as PTSD, especially if they were not able to fight back.
- Krav Maga is a close quarter combat technique used by the Israeli military, police and security organisations around the world. It is widely used because it is simple, does not rely solely on the strength of the victim, but the weakness of the attacker, and can be executed by anyone. Even knowing a few techniques can give a person confidence and raise self-esteem.
Preventing escalation in violence situations
- Some work places has a well-trained security and behavioural risk management (BRAM) team who are experts in assessing violent behavior and indicators someone may be violent. However, staff may not always be able to get help in time. Understanding how to prevent a situation they may not get out of easily, and how to watch for signs, get out of grabs quickly and get to safety can prevent a full on physical attack.
Compliance & staff retention
- Self-defense can be used out of work and may help a staff member at any time.
- Occupational violence is a recognized risk all across Melbourne, and self-defense is a reasonable control in preventing and mitigating the risk in physical or mental injury. “Thank you for offering this – it was really interesting, and very different for Swinburne. The sessions felt safe and informal but dealt with the reality of life situations in a common-sense way.”
1 Month Pass
- Attend unlimited classes for 1 month
"Thank you for offering this - it was really interesting, and very different for Swinburne. The sessions felt safe and informal but dealt with the reality of life situations in a common-sense way."
"I liked how they raised the awareness of the recent events that has been happening in Melbourne and demonstrated how to protect ourselves from dangerous people."
"They (instructors) were very involved and actively helped everyone in the class."
"The techniques were very practical and can be used in real life situations."
"I would love to participate again in this training session. It will be nice to learn self-defense techniques for women in particular."Swinburne University of Technology Staff